Have you ever been walking down the cereal aisle at the grocery store and thought to yourself, “I love this cereal! Why have I not had this in so long?” Well, that’s how I feel about Honey Bunches of Oats®. At my latest trip to the grocery store, I bought two boxes – one for us to eat for breakfast and one to use to use to make delicious treats for my family. I put a new twist on an old favorite and we love it! With just 3 ingredients, these marshmallow cereal treats are sweet and tasty! Plus, since we know I’m not very domestic, quick and easy is right up my alley!
You will need:
- 6 cups of Honey Bunches of Oats® cereal
- 3 tablespoons of butter (I used salted organic butter)
- 1 bag of jumbo marshmallows (about 40)
- 1 saucepan
- 1 13″ x 9″ greased pan
How To Make:
- Use your hand (or anything, really) to crush the Honey Bunches of Oats® up a little bit; the bunches of oats can tend to be slightly large out of the box.
- Melt the butter in your saucepan
- Add the marshmallows and stir until they’re completely melted
- Add the Honey Bunches of Oats and stir until completely coated in marshmallows
- Spread the cereal in a 13″ x 9″ greased pan and let cool (I put it in the fridge to speed the process)
- Cut. Serve. Enjoy!
Tip: These will be very sweet until they have set/cooled and even then they’re sweeter than the traditional cereal treats you may be used to. Dunk these in a cold glass of milk and they’re perfect. Heck, dunk them in a cold glass of milk anyway; you won’t regret it.
Oh, and, don’t head to the grocery story without this $1 off coupon!