Back in college, I used to make a point to write down a list of things for which I am thankful every year at Thanksgiving. I don’t know when or why I stopped but I decided that I want to start again. Life can be busy and challenging and straight up hard but we are abundantly privileged and blessed and have so much for which to be grateful. I think it’s so important to take a step back and acknowledge all the good in our lives. Here’s my list (not in any particular order).
- My Lord and Savior Jesus Christ who saved me and gives me life
- My husband, who is also my best friend; he is our earthly rock and the only reason we survive the day-to-day hustle
- My daughters and the joy they bring me every day. They have shown me an indescribable love.
- The health of our family, but especially Sweet E. Every milestone she hits makes my mama heart burst with pride. I am thankful for every tumor-free day we get to spend with her
- The State of Georgia’s “Babies Can’t Wait” program
- Our village. We cannot do this parenting thing without the love and support of our families and close friends (especially our parents)
- My besties. We know that even if weeks and months go by without a call or text, we love each other dearly and always have each other’s backs
- My newly-found community of blogger friends. These chicks get me and I dig it.
- Our beautiful, cozy home
- Vehicles that are safe and reliable (with heated seats and satellite radio – holla!)
- The privilege and means to provide for our family’s every need
- This amazing, dysfunctional country in which we live, and the right to vote for its leaders
- The men and women who fight for our freedom every day
- Modern technology. I’m addicted to my iPhone but am so grateful I have it to stay connected (and not get lost while driving – thank you, GPS!).
- That A is old enough to enjoy playing with Barbies
- That E loves her mama and is the sweetest thing ever
- The understanding and supportive people I work with everyday and the awesome company that employs us
- Opportunities to make life changes
- Burgers, fries, pizza, candy, sushi, and miscellaneous junk food
- My microwave (no explanation needed here)
- Amazon Prime
- This tiny corner of the internet that belongs to me
I guarantee that there’s more I could add, but that sums up the big things (yes, Amazon Prime is totally a big thing). What are you thankful for this year?
Happy Thanksgiving, friends!